With the hype surrounding the famous Ken Block Gymkhana’s and the introduction of Red Bull Drift Shifters, the Australian Drifting Grand Prix wanted to create something similar, The DRIFTKHANA was born! What is it you ask? Well it’s exactly as it sounds, just like a Motorkhana, the competitor must navigate through a course marked out with cones as fast as possible but the there’s a catch! They must do it sideways!
The competitor must DRIFT the complete course. A Judge will be watching to make sure those wheels are spinning or time penalties will apply. There’s also “BONUS” clipping zones thrown in the mix which if you position the car correctly can wipe some seconds of your time! A true test of man and machine, car control and may the fastest – sideways driver win!
1700 – 1800 BUMP IN – ACCREDITATION
1715 – 1830 SCRUTINEERING
1800 – 1820 DRIVERS BRIEFING
1830 – 1850 INFIELD ACCESS CLOSES
1830 – 1900 RECCE
1900 – 2130 COMPETITION
2130 – PRESENTATION
2130 – 2145 INFIELD ACCESS OPEN
Children 12 & Under Free
*Tickets available at the gate
*All Entrants must have a valid CAMS License L2S or higher. Visit www.cams.com.au to renew or apply for one today!
• Each Competitor is to drift the complete course in the quickest time possible.
• Timing starts once the beam is broken exiting the starters box.
• Timing stops once the beam is broken entering the finish box
• Each Competitor will complete five (5) runs of the course.
• The four (4) fastest times per competitor are added and the Competitor with the lowest total time wins
Hitting a Cone: 10secs
Wrong way: Slowest time 10secs
Off Course: Run cancelled
Clipping Cones/Zones: -10secs